Information about “The Planche” according to wikipedia: A Planche is a skill in gymnastics in which the body is held parallel to the ground, giving the illusion of floating. It is a move that requires a great deal of strength and balance.

According to the following website, these are the simple steps to master the planche: http://www.livestrong.com/article/30894-planche-pushups/

Step 1

Assume a tuck planche position and begin to slowly extend your legs out behind you.

Step 2

Start with 10 seconds intervals and work up to a full 60 seconds of holding yourself with your legs straight in the air at the same height as your hips and shoulders.

Step 3

Bring your legs together until you can hold a full planche position for 60 seconds.

My first attempt took place at school with my fellow pier Emmett Richmond. I attempted first while he recorded. I attempted but failed as i held a planche position for only 1 second, which to me is pretty embarrassing ! The Video of this will be attached to this blog post as soon as possible and my later blogs will show my progress with this skill.